Sunday, December 20, 2009

Motor mounts finished

I finished up the motor mounts today and I think they came out pretty nice.  The actual isolation pad is made from polyurethane.  I figured that the weight of the motor would compress them some so I tried to compensate by hanging the motor a little higher than I wanted it to actually be.  After completing the mounts and lowering the engine into the car they didn't compress like I thought they would.  I have 1 inch of clearance on the p/s of the engine for the oil pan, but I'm worried that the hood isn't going to close now.  I really wanted the exterior of the car to remain unchanged.   I could probably have some of the isomounts shaved off at a machine shop and still use the current engine mounts. 
I also cut the reservoir off of the donor oil pan to make way for a 944 like sump.  Since I have a weeks vacation starting soon I should wrap that project up pretty quickly.
One last note is that I have located a HY35 and it is en route, so we'll get to see if that will fit under the hood also.  If rumors are correct I should be able to hit my horsepower goal of roughly 400bhp.  It will be months before we learn the reality of the situation though.  As there is much to complete first.  I will post pics of my mounts soon and the turbo when it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment