Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More items completed

The whole exhaust is complete now from the front to the back.  I sat down and figured out all the plumbing to complete the oil system, sent out some emails and I'm waiting for the quotes to come back.  I had hoped that I could reuse the oil cooler from the S6, but I don't know what kind of fittings that it uses.  So if anybody needs a good cooler and lines let me know.  Anyway I have located a nice replacement that uses AN lines.  The oil system changed a little from before, because it now retains the stock filter housing.  I really wanted to keep the thermostatically controlled oil cooler part.  Hooking up the cooling system shouldn't be too hard from my assessment.  I'll have to make one pipe to move fluid from the lower port on the block to the lower port on the radiator.  I have the stainless inbound for that task.  There are some other problems in the cooling system to work out since the new turbo isn't water cooled, but they are nothing to write about for now.  Pretty sure that all of the parts are inline for the power steering system.  Hopefully removing the restrictor in the brake stage of the p/s pump will allow it to circulate without aerating the fluid.  We'll just have to try and see on that one.  It looks like the S6 power steering cooler will mount nicely into the front of the car after making a couple of new brackets and I believe that I can relocate the original Porsche p/s reservoir bracket to the drivers side shock tower to hold the original reservoir over the pump.  The only real problem is the intake plumbing.  It is doable a couple of ways I am just trying to make the final decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment