Saturday, June 11, 2011

Engine picture

I was thinking about it and I don't think I have posted a picture of the engine bay in running condition.


I spent today working on getting the Race Technology dash running better.  You have to tell it what every channel coming into is, what you want it called, and where to display the info.  While I was working on getting the fuel sender functioning I realized that I had made a mistake in the wiring for it.  Apparently there is some functionality in the original gauge that gets lost when you remove the cluster.  I had to add in a pull up resistor and change the reserve fuel circuit a bit, but it is functioning now.  I will calibrate the dash on that circuit tomorrow.  I also want to move the fuel pump and fan relay circuits onto the vems tomorrow.  Then I can control when they come on an off from within the computer.  I'll leave in the override switches, never know when I might need one again.

2 comments:

  1. Leroy!

    Thank you so much for all the information, i just spend my evening here in the Netherlands reading your entire blog.

    At the moment I'm still running the standard 2.5N/A but i'm looking for a conversion. Not sure yet about what i'm going to do. The suspension(got the yellow koni's but front end has to be lowered and need camberplates), brakes and rims are a priority now.

    About your exhaust manifold, your runners are almost the same size as the collector, is there a reason for that? Because i think your flow can be much better if you would have made is .5" larger!

    If you want to contact me about this, you can mail me; bas@industrial-sounds.com

    Greetings and thanks again,
    Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for this blog, you have inspired me to pursue a similar project. One question; when you were doing the bellhousing swap, did you see if it would be at all possible to shift the angle of the engine to straighten it out? Would cutting and re-welding the bellhousing be a possible solution? Also, how hard was the wiring? Any snags you ran into? Does A/C and heat still work?

    I'm looking forward to videos of this beast! Thanks for all the ideas, sir.

    ReplyDelete