Sunday, November 8, 2009

Engine fitting

Well I was able to trial fit the motor into the 944 today.  It became really obvious that the stock exhaust manifold won't work unless you tilt the motor clockwise. (as viewed from the front of the car)  I know that the guy in Russia tilted his motor for some reason.  I assumed it was so that it would fit under the hood, but maybe it was to make use of the stock turbo manifold.  I'll have to go review the videos and see if I can tell.  I couldn't get the engine lowered into place completely due to clearance issues with the stock oil pan.  (I was told this would happen, but I still had to try.)  I would really like to modify the aluminum one for the final product, but I am currently trying to locate a metal one from a 10v I5 to determine how it will need to be modded.  If anyone can help me out with that drop me a line.  Measuring from the pilot bushing to torque tube mounting surface on both engines shows them to be within 1\16th of an inch.  I'm not sure but I think that will be close enough.  Other than that I didn't get anything else done worth noting.

No comments:

Post a Comment