Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Oil Pan


I've probably mentioned this before, but without rereading my own blog I can't be for sure.  So that being said I'm sure that everyone knows that the nice aluminum pan that the AAN comes with won't work for this swap.  Well to be truthful there isn't one that will work with this swap, so we need to make one.  With Bullmoose's guidance I sought out the pan from a 10v I5.  These are made out of steel and will be easier to modify than the aluminum one.  It took awhile, but I finally located one on the eastern side of the US at Force 5 Auto. When buying one be sure to get the block to bellhousing brace also that is in the pics below.  I was also sent the oil pump pickup tube.  Hopefully I can use it to lengthen mine, as material to lengthen the tube with wasn't something that I had thought about yet, maybe I lucked out on this one.  Notice that you can see the part numbers in the second picture in case you need them.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment