Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Still here

Sorry I haven't updated in a bit.  It's been hectic here.  Work has me out of town during the week and we've been racing the Corvette during the weekends.  As a side note I won the ASP class at our divisional event against a Nissan GTR.  I didn't know if I could pull that off or not.  Last weekend, at a local event, I finally beat a guy that I have been chasing for a long time.  It was a very tight race with 503 thousands of a second separating us at the end of it.  I don't think I will be as lucky next time so some extra effort will be in order.

Okay so the state of the car is disassembled.  Now that is nothing new!  I made the turbo return line.  The braided stainless looks nice.  Actually they are very easy to assemble.  I was into making the turbo feed line when I discovered that there isn't room for the fittings that I bought, putting a 90 degree elbow in there should solve the problem.  I dismantled the Audi harness into all of its individual parts and cleaned it all up.  I'm pretty sure that the intake plumbing is sorted and its parts are to be on order shortly and we're waiting for another round of hose parts to arrive at MC Racing for pickup.  I moved an old TIG welder that I have to the project side of the shop, hopefully it functions because I've never hooked it up even though I've had it about 5 years.  I don't like the idea of having to find a different one or farm out the TIG work, after all this is a learning experience also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment