Sunday, August 29, 2010

Throttle body relocator

I'm sure that I mentioned at some point in the past that I would have to do something about the brake master cylinder hitting the throttle body.  I have debated on many different ways of doing this, but went with one of the simplest ways that I had come up with.  I simply made a new section of tubing to move the throttle body more to the center of the car.  It also aligns it with the intercooler so that I only have to use a short straight piece to connect the two of them.  And this was the first true test of the TIG unit to see if it was really working.  I had to open up the power output selector and manually move the contactors into the AC position, but after I did that it worked great.  The weak link was me, like usual.  I took a few practice welds on some scrap and then just went for it.  Since that worked, I will be able to reinstall the original braking components for now and leave that upgrade until later.  Here is the pic of the new tubing.


Its not polished or anything yet, but functionally done.  The brake parts that are visible are from the s6, so just ignore them.  As an unexpected bonus I think that the position is now correct to use the stock 944 throttle cable...maybe.  I also got a couple more oil lines made, picked the location for the oil cooler, mounted and plumbed the oil filter relocator, changed some belts in my mom's car, and replaced the gears in the Corvette's headlight motors.  Its been a busy weekend, but next week has a three day long one!

No comments:

Post a Comment