Monday, March 28, 2011

Thermostat housing adapter

This one took some tinkering to get right, but its finally finished.  All of the hoses are the original Porsche ones.  I went that route because they were all new and hopefully I will remember what they came from in the future.

You can see that it passes very close to the water pump.  I had to make it in this manner so that the alternator (which isn't installed in this pic) will have enough room to move around just to the right of the pipe.  It's adjustment arm travels over the water pipe to the mount by the cam sync sensor (not installed in the picture either). 


Here is a little different angle.  The AAN comes with a composite thermostat housing, this one is off of a 7a I think, but it could have been an older motor.  I got lots of parts like this from Force 5 Salvage.  You can google them if you need some bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment