Friday, August 7, 2009

Bell housing trial fit

There has been some concern about whether or not my adapter plate is actually the correct one, so I took it and the bell housing out to the s6 for a little tinkering. Now keep in mind that this is not a confirmed "yes it works" post, but it looks really promising! First I tried to just slide the bell housing over the clutch and onto the motor. It didn't work. I had been told that it wouldn't but I just had to try, it's in my nature. It seemed to be hitting the starter gear teeth. I couldn't tell for sure laying under the car with a flashlight. Next I placed the adapter plate onto the engine and it cleared the ring gear with no problems. Putting the bell housing onto the adapter plate also seemed to clear with no problems. Woohoo! Just keep in mind that I was juggling two parts and a flashlight on my back before I left for work so I don't know if bolt holes were lining up, but it made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment