Saturday, January 30, 2010

Clutch problems

I have been researching clutch options lately.  I really want to set the car up with a twin disk unit, but it looks like the flywheel will have to be custom machined.  That equates to some serious dollars for a chunk of steel.  It just baffles me that I can't find someone that makes a flywheel for this application.  If I decide to go with the twin disk unit it will most likely be a Quarter Master 7.25" unit.  On the other hand I could use a Fidanza aluminum flywheel and something like a Southbend clutch.  If someone knows where to get a flywheel for the minidisk, please drop me a line.  I know that there are plenty of lower budget alternatives to make it work, but I'm looking for a fast revving engine to get the turbo spooled up as quickly as possible.  Sure I'm going to sacrifice some drive-ability with either setup, but this isn't a DD car either.  I'll keep searching and post the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment