Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oil pump pickup tube

The pickup tube is complete.  I ended up using parts from two pickup assemblies and some new tubing also.  I didn't want to have so many joints in it, but I don't have a bender for this size of tubing.  When you make this take your time and make sure that it follows the windage tray closely so it doesn't hit the shallow pan.  I didn't care for the amount of tube that extended past the point for the braces so I added in a piece of strap to protect the assembly from vibration.  Hopefully this design is adequate because if it breaks the motor isn't going to be happy with me.  I'll finish the oil pan this week and post some pictures.  By then the rest of my parts for the turbo manifold should be here and I can get started on that.  Here are a couple of pics of the pickup tube.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment