Wednesday, December 29, 2010

EFIExpress Chevy coil swap

I haven't even heard this motor run yet, hopefully it does.  Anyway without knowing the service history of it I figured I would just replace the ignition system in an attempt to avoid some problems in the future.  If your 944 isn't gutted like mine you will have to find another location for the coils than were I plan to place them.  Just by laying the sparkplugs out it looks like they will reach this location fine.  On first look I think I will run the supporting wiring to the VEMS through the grommet that the heating units low speed resistors got their power from.  It's located above the battery just behind the vacuum reservoir. I'm waiting to get the motor back in before I move too much farther with this portion of the project.  The big plate under the coils is covering the hole where the heating and a/c unit used to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment