Friday, December 31, 2010

More Bellhousing

Okay so I got the adapter back and have fitted it to the bellhousing, so lets check it out.

Below you can see the assembly bolted in place.  I'm going to route the supply line through the hole that the 931 clutch fork came through, so the bearing journal is going to be in the way.



A die grinder made short work of that job and now there should be plenty of room for the hose with a 45 degree end on it to attach to the bearing.



Adapter is back in place minus the bolts.  I used a marker to show that the bolts that hold this in place will be under the bearing, so I used counter sunk 8mm cap screws.  The OEM bolts here are 7mm, but I couldn't find any counter sunk cap screws in that size.



Finally here is the bearing back on top, there should be plenty of room for the hose now.  Be sure to blend out the marks from the die grinder.  Aside from possibly cutting the hose they could give a crack a place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment