Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Final clutch parts

Hopefully the last of the clutch parts will be done tomorrow.  I feel like this portion of the build is holding up the whole of everything else.  I have pretty much totally replaced the whole clutch system with Tilton products.  Probably about 1300 usd not counting the flywheel.  Painful for the pocket book, but hopefully it removes the growing pains.  The clutch is a twin disk unit, I went with the 61-802 throwout bearing, and will order the 75-750u master cylinder after I measure what length hydro lines that I need.  The part that I am waiting on is the adapter plate to mount the throwout bearing into the bellhousing.  The machinist is also truing the turbo manifold and making some alignment pins for me.

Now you don't have to have all the parts that I have used.  I'm sure that the original master cylinder would work with the right fittings.  The threads in the end of it are m12 x 1.00 FYI.  Your stuck with switching to a hydro bearing although there are many to choose from, and there are a lot of clutch options out there if you are creative with mixing and matching.  You could probably do it cheaply for about 3-400.  My route will be more like 2k with the flywheel and all thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment