Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Catching up

So to bring everyone up to speed it is mid July and I have been to 6 events so far. The car does very well competing in the CSP class. I believe that we are fourth overall at the moment and the people beating us are on r comps. We started out running 15" phone dials with Direzza Star pec tires. I really like those tires, but they are only available in 195's for that rim size. I just didn't feel that there was enough rubber under it so I searched for some new rims. Being in the Kansas City area we have a nice site called http://www.kcws.org/ there you'll find alot of 944 guys. Check it out, they are very helpful. Eventually a set of 993 cup II's came up for sale, which I purchased. They came with Sport Contact 2 tires, 205's front and 255's rear. I ran them for one weekend and didn't care for how the car turned. It was pushing alot. I was able to dial most out with the rear bar, but I opted for new 235 Ecsta XS tires in the front. Although I haven't run them yet I can tell from street driving that I have alot more grip up front. Rear bar adjustments are going to be mandatory at the next event. Besides that the car has had alot of other mods now, a/c delete, short shifter, AFM refurb, water pump, belts, hoses, ps pump, steering rack, the list goes on and on. You will find with one of these cars that most previous owners just put gas in them and after 20 odd years of use they need some attention. Shortly I will begin the info on the swap, but I wanted to lay some ground work and figure out how this blogging stuff works. I'll leave you with a more recent pic that shows the new rims on the car. If anyone happens to have a good condition front valence panel that they would like to see Nina wearing, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment